Friday 28 September 2012

This Is Objectionable


Old news, but Ace Attorney 5 recently received a nifty-looking trailer. The Ace Attorney series is, in my opinion, one of the best series to come out of the original DS line and I'm absolutely ecstatic that we're finally getting concrete details after a five-year wait.

The 3D models are a welcome upgrade; I'm amazed at how much they retain the style of the original 2D sprites. The animations seem much more varied and they'll hopefully make courtroom scenes even more hectic. Phoenix returning as the protagonist instead of Apollo puzzles me, though. I'm sure he'll pop up with Trucy sooner or later, but I will be sorely disappointed if they dismiss him after one game. At the very least, he should take over a few cases a la Mia Fey in Trials and Tribulations. Phoenix's new design is kinda iffy and the new assistant doesn't strike me like Maya and Trucy did, but I'm sure they'll look better with time.

At the very least Capcom confirmed a localization for the game almost immediately, so us non-Japanese fans won't be left in the dark again after the whole Ace Attorney Investigations 2 fiasco.

What do you think of the game so far? Share your opinion in the comments!

No comments:

Post a Comment